It almost felt like summer today. I can just imagine myself, sitting by the pool, my huge black sunglasses on, sipping on a nice cold Shirley Temple….virgin of course 😉 Although Summer is just a few short months away, you can enjoy a little of it now. Here’s a recipe for NON-VIRGIN Shirley Temples courtesy of Recipe.com
1 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries with stems
1 32 ounce bottle ginger ale or lemon-lime carbonated beverage, chilled
- Drain cherries, reserving juice (you should have about 1/2 cup juice). Set cherries aside.
- Fill 4 serving glasses with ice.
- Add 2 tablespoons cherry juice to each glass.
- Divide ginger ale between glasses.
- Top each with an orange slice and 2 cherries. Reserve remaining cherries for another use.
Makes 4 (9-ounce) servings.
Until Next Time,