August is almost over, and September is quickly approaching! Here are my top four August (…almost September) Beauty Must Haves, along with some deals for you to steal!
**Click the pics below to be directed to product website.
1. E.L.F Studio SPF 20 Face Primer Clear — $6
Oh E.L.F, how I love you! I absolutely LOVE this product — It’s perfect if you’re a ‘cheap’ girl like me, yet still love to splurge on makeup and beauty products every once in a while. Don’t be fooled! Although E.L.F products are known for being super affordable, they are of great quality. Such as this Studio SPF 20 Face Primer. You can find this product in Target ( or anywhere E.L.F products are sold), for a reasonable price of $6. Also, the primer is very lightweight, and a bit of it goes a long way.
When first starting out with makeup, I didn’t understand the importance of primer, and how I would benefit from using it. However, it was not until I tried ELF Studio 20 that I realized how essential it was to my beauty routine. Here’s what I learned about ELF SPF 20 Face Primer:
- Great coverage: ELF SPF20 allows for my foundation to last longer — I don’t have to worry about my foundation melting away in the summer heat.
- Protection: The Elf Primer has a SPF of 20, protecting my skin from harmful UV rays that could cause cancer and other skin ailments. This has become increasingly important to me as I grow older — I want to make sure I do everything to keep my skin healthy…and wrinkle free 😉
- Healing: It protects and heals blemishes, and prevents blemishes from showing through foundation. Let’s face it, although makeup enhances our natural beauty, it is not always best for our skin. It can clog your pores and cause breakouts. Elf SPF 20 acts a barrier between your skin and foundation, blocking the foundation from creeping into your pours and causing blockage.
- Softening: This is what I love most about the Elf SPF 20 Primer. Adding this product before foundation truly makes you look flawless! This Elf Primer softens your skin, allowing for a natural flawless glow.
2. Black Opal Beauty — True Color Pore Perfecting Liquid Foundation — $8.95
As a woman of color, it can be difficult to find a foundation that is a perfect match for my skin-tone. Either the foundation is too pale, or too orange, or non-existent. This is why I love Black Opal True Color! Black Opal True Color comes in a range of pigments — you are bound to find a match that is just right for you. Although this product was made with black women in mind, it is perfect for women of all colors. As you can see, this foundation goes from the lightest of light, to the darkest of dark.
3. The Body Shop — Pomegranate Firming Day Lotion w/SPF15 — $21
I have a confession to make…I secretly love it when someone asks, “what perfume or lotion are you wearing? It smells so good!” I get this all the time with The Body Shop Pomegranate Firming Day Lotion — it smells simply amazing! Not only does this lightweight moisturizer contain SPF15 to protect your skin, it hydrates and firms your skin to soften (and smooth) the appearance of wrinkles! And again, it smells really great!
4. The Body Shop Mango Beauty Bag One Size — $12.95
There is nothing like winding down from a long day of work, taking a long bubble-bath or shower using your favorite body wash. This Mango Beauty Bag, again available at The Beauty Shop, is the answer to every girls prayers. The Mango Beauty Bag contains the following:
- Mango Shower Gel 2.0 fl oz
- Mango Body Butter 1.69 oz
- Mango Hand Cream 1.0 fl oz
- Orange Mini Bath Lily
All of these great products in one bag! It doesn’t get better than that! Also, this product is great to travel with, whether it be on a plane or a road-trip across country. So now, wherever you go, you can bring a bit of home with you 🙂
DEALS — Now here’s the fun part! You can try all these great products and more with these special coupons! Click the links below to apply the discount to your purchase! Enjoy!
The Body Shop
Until Next Time,