Happy National Lipstick Appreciation Day! I know it sounds ridiculous, but I really do ‘appreciate’ lipstick… as my Nana would say, “I feel naked without it.” In honor of this oh so special day, I am sharing with you my FOUR all-time favorite lipstick products, and one product that I really would love to try!
- #NYX Butter Lipstick – I bought this product for the first time in February, and it has easily become something I want in every color. I originally bought the NYX #Butter Lipstick in ‘Licorice’, which provides me that dark luscious color that I adore. Its satin finish leaves my lips feeling nice and smooth. It is really hydrating, and although packed with color, it is very lightweight and long lasting.
- Iman Luxury Moisturizing Lipstick in Mahogany: This was the first lipstick that I ever bought! All throughout high school I wore very little makeup, if any at all. I had the hardest time finding a lipstick that I felt matched my skintone…every lipstick that I bought previously made me look like a clown. At last, I came across the Iman Luxury Moisturizing Lipstick Collection, and I literally had an ‘A-hah’ moment. Iman makeup is specifically catered towards women of color, so it was great to find a lipstick that I could wear with confidence, and not worry about whether or not I looked good in it.
- #Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm: I discovered this lipstick completely by accident. I meant to pick up ‘one thing’ and came home with something completely different. But I have to say, it was the best mistake I ever made! Don’t judge me, but before buying this product, I had no clue what matte lipstick was…I thought I bought something defective. *no judgment zone* The Revlon Colorburst Matte Balm delivers a punch of color that will last all day long! My favorite is the #Colorburst Matte Balm in the shade of “Shameless”. As the name suggests, it offers a bold ‘no shame in my game’ color that I LOVE against my skin tone. People might find purple to be a weird color to wear as a lipstick, but it is definitely my go to color for any occasion.
- Crayola: Okay, Crayola is not a lipstick, but I sincerely hope that they jump on the bandwagon. Last summer I discovered that you can make your own ‘lipstick’ using crayola crayons, shea butter and some coconut oil. While this experiment is a little messy, it is definitely worth trying to create a lip color that is perfect for you! Although the ‘lipstick’ looks great, Crayola does not recommend that you do this regularly — crayon wax is not tested/created for cosmetic use. However, it is not harmful to use every now and then.
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick: I am new to Anastasia Beverly Hills Products, and what I have tried so far leads me to believe that the Anastasia Beverly Hills Liquid Lipstick is just as great! This product comes in 18 different colors, each one with a colorful matte finish. The Anastasia Beverly Hills site says that “a single application gives you smear-resistant coverage that stays put for hours.” I’m eager to see how accurate this, perhaps I’ll treat myself as a birthday gift 😉
There you have it! My FOUR faves and my ONE ‘must-try!’ I hope you all have a fabulous Lip Appreciation Day!!!
Until Next Time,
I LOVE matte liquid lipsticks! While I've never tried the ABH brand, I've tried LASplash's liquid lipsticks about a month ago and I've already got a collection of about 15+ of them now! They really do last for hours. Certain colors feel a little drying, but I think it's worth it due to the fact that they just last so long! I recommend purchasing some from Ricky's NYC (they have an online store) the prices range from $10-$14 each on their site (LASplash raised their prices on their own site due to a fire that destroyed their factory), which I think is a lot cheaper than Anastasia's! Plus they have LOVELY color names, like a Disney Princess collection and a Harry Potter collection! If you really want to save some money, Colourpop Cosmetics sells some matte liquid lipsticks for $6 and they're pretty good quality as well. 🙂
Karina!!! I will definitely try Ricky's NYC and LASplash liquid lipsticks…especially the Disney Princess collection lol! They have such pretty colors, Malevolent is sharp!