Hey guys! Here’s a mini-tutorial on how to matte your lipstick! I think everyone has seen Kylie Jenner’s lip transformation. But just in case you haven’t, here is a before and after pic of her transformation.Her lips are much fuller…she almost looks like a complete different person. Of course, it is speculated that she had plastic surgery to enhance her lips (and other features), however Kylie—and the whole Kardashian/Jenner clan—are adamant that this is not the case. Kylie states that she achieved this new look by simply over-lining her lips and using matte lipstick. Thus, the matte lipstick trend was born…or reborn—people have been ‘matte-ing’ their lips since the early 1960’s.
Instead of spending anywhere between $16 and $65 on matte lipstick, here is a quick and easy way to matte a lipstick you already own. Bada-bing, bada-boom! Let’s get started!
What you will need:
- Chap-stick/lip moisturizer
- Lipstick of your choice
- Makeup powder (not pigmented)
- Lip-liner or fine paint/makeup brush
- Don’t forget to bring a smile!
What to do:
Pick your favorite lip-color. It can be a lipstick that you already own, or you can go out to your local Rite-Aid/drugstore and pick a color of your choice (must cheaper).
- Next, you are going to put on chap-stick. You want to make sure that your lips are well moisturized. Doing this will help make your lipstick last longer and keep your them hydrated.
- Although this step is optional, doing so will help define your lips. If you have lip-liner, great! However, if you do not, simply line your lips
using a fine-line paint/makeup brush and gently apply some of your lipstick onto your lip-line. This is great for evening out your lips, and making sure that they are in the shape you want. Upper-line your lips to create the illusion of fuller lips…make sure that you keep shape!
- Like coloring in between the lines, simply fill in your lips using the lipstick, or lipsticks, of your choice. Make sure the lipsticks are similar to that used for outlining your lips, guaranteeing that everything will blend perfectly.
Here comes the fun part! Now we are going to actually matte your lips. Take your lip-powder and gently press some powder onto your lips. Apply just a little powder at a time, being careful that the powder does not clump onto your lips. Rub your lips together to help blend in the powder.
- As you can see, your lipstick has already begun to lose its glossiness. Continue to add powder onto your lips as desired to achieve your matte-finish.
- Take foundation and lightly apply outside of your lips to further define your lip-lines.
- If you are satisfied with how your lips look, you are done! Go out and flaunt those beautiful matte lips! The color will last for hours, and you won’t have to worry about it wearing away. Enjoy<3
Try it out and let me know how you like it!!!